BCGL’s Financial Law Services team represents local, community and regional banks, credit unions and other financial entities in transactions ranging from simple credit agreements to complex financings. Our banking and finance law attorneys offer sound legal guidance in business and financial transactions, corporate governance, bankruptcy, securities and general business matters.
In addition to “front end” work, our banking and financial law attorneys counsel clients on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights issues and negotiate document workout and debt restructuring for lenders and borrowers both inside and outside of bankruptcy.
Our expertise spans a wide variety of financial law services and includes:Financing Transactions
The professionals within our Financial Services Group regularly represent financial institutions and other lenders in all aspects of financing transactions. Our expertise and experience spans a wide variety of financing and related transactions including:
- Asset-based loans
- Commercial real estate loans (including construction and development loans)
- Commercial and industrial loans
- Project and structured financing transactions
- Mezzanine financing
- Other financings requiring subordination and/or inter-creditor arrangements and the negotiation thereof
- Swaps and other derivative transactions
- Equipment lease financing
- Loan participations and syndicated financing
- Government-guaranteed lending transactions (SBA, PIDA, Building PA, and other state and federal economic development financing types)
- Tax-exempt financing
- Private equity financing
Recognizing the complex and specialized nature of many of today’s financial products and financing transactions, our Financial Services Group also regularly advises borrowers – of all types and sizes of businesses, real estate developers and other types of borrowers – with all aspects of such transactions, from structuring and negotiating the transaction, through closing and beyond.Workouts & Restructuring
Our Financial Services Group also regularly advises financial institutions and other creditors on their available rights and remedies with respect to troubled and other non-performing loans. Such services would include:
- Review and analysis of loan documentation
- Identification and enforcement of creditors’ rights including confessions of judgment and execution on judgments against real estate and other personal property
- Enforcement of guaranties and other third-party obligations
- Advice concerning creditors’ rights and representation in bankruptcy and other insolvency proceedings
- Loan restructuring and modification
- Preparation and negotiation of documents for sale of non-performing loans
Our Financial Services Group also regularly advises businesses (and individuals) on collections and related matters including review and optimization of forms of credit applications, invoices and other documents typically used in commercial business transactions.
At BCGL, our financial law attorneys understand the complexities of today’s market and how continual advancements in technology and increased regulations are driving rapid changes in policies and procedures within the industry. Our integrated team of financial law, corporate law, real estate law and tax professionals work closely to take a holistic view of each case, providing comprehensive service based on the total picture. Visit our team page to learn more about our Lancaster financial law attorneys and their commitment to best-in-class legal services:Team Members
- Robert W. Pontz
- Andrew F. Lucarelli
- Brett D. Jackson
- Michael W. Hilliard
Expertise You Can Trust. Commitment You Can Count On.
At BCGL, we take pride in developing long-term relationships with our clients, delivering counsel with the total picture in mind. Our nimble and focused approach to case management ensures our clients receive the information they need coupled with the support and advisement they can trust to guide critical decisions.
Connect with the team to learn more about BCGL’s specialized banking and finance law services and how our commitment to delivering a new kind of law experience delivers exceptional value and peace of mind to our clients.