GOVERNOR WOLF EASES COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS FOR BUSINESSES
On April 4, 2021, Governor Wolf amended his Order of November 23, 2020 establishing targeted mitigation requirements for businesses in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The Amended Mitigation Order eases many of the restrictions imposed prior to the Thanksgiving holiday. The amended restrictions include:
- -Teleworking is no longer required, but businesses are strongly encouraged to conduct their operations remotely, in whole or in part, through individual teleworking arrangements. Businesses that choose to conduct in-person operations must comply with the Amended Mitigation Order.
- -Occupancy limits are increased to 75% for businesses in the following industries: retail entertainment; gyms and fitness facilities; and personal care services.
- -Updated requirements have been issued for bars, restaurants and private catered events. -New occupancy limits are established for indoor and outdoor events and gatherings.
- -Ongoing mitigation measures are required for business, including: enhanced cleaning, temperature checks, altered schedules, distancing, and contact tracing.
- -Isolation and quarantine requirements have been updated for vaccinated individuals.
CONGRESS PASSES ADDITIONAL COVID RELIEF MEASURES IMPACTING BUSINESSES
On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed into law the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (“ARPA”), which extends several COVID relief measures and imposes new requirements on businesses. These measures include:
-Premium assistance for COBRA eligible individuals from April 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021.
-Extension of FFCRA payroll tax credits, additional qualifying reason for FFCRA paid leave, and new leave period for Emergency Paid Sick Leave.
-Extension of the Employee Retention Tax Credit.
-Extension of enhanced unemployment compensation benefits.
You can download a detailed explanation of the Governor’s Amended Order and the new COVID relief measures provided under the American Rescue Plan Act by clicking here.
If you have questions about your obligations under the Governor’s Amended Order or the American Rescue Plan Act, BCGL’s Employment Team of Theresa Mongiovi and Angela Sanders are available to assist you.